Wednesday 21 October 2015

The shopping basket explained

This blog is to educate the way we shop, to see foods in supermarkets as source of well-being
 
To enable a shopper to be informed and knowledgeable

 

With so much delicious food around, so many ways of cooking, so many opinions, directions, diets how do I know what is right for me?

What about scientifically proven advice? What about minerals, vitamins, proteins? Am I doing the right thing?



Well, what I'm doing here is describing characteristics of foods following Traditional Chinese Medicine practice and protocols.

This information has been collected, tested, and passed down over thousands of years by TCM doctors who observed, recorded, and tested food systems - ending with a compilation of most foods available in the world.

For this blog, I chose the foods we normally eat and obtain in Europe.

This blog is not a cooking lesson; most people cook foods they are familiar with, perhaps adding one or more recipes to their repertoire.

These foods will not interfere with western concepts of nutrition, nor with medicines, unless of course you have been tested as allergic. In that case swap one food for another in the category.

You can mix foods freely depending on how you are at the time. These are not medical substitutes but they will support your body if you are ill, and keep it well if you are not.

I hope you enjoy this blog and find the information as useful and interesting as I did when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment